A few months ago I migrated almost all of my FreeNAS jails from Warden to iocage, but the OpenVPN one proved too much of a challenge. I had another go today and now have a working OpenVPN iocage jail!
To be honest, not all that sure what I did differently in terms of the iocage configuration, as I followed this excellent guide both times. I’m still running 11.1-U4 of FreeNAS, so no changes to the iocage networking that I thought was causing the original problem.
I actually got to the same point with everything configured and had the same problem, that the OpenVPN service just wasn’t starting. Given my experience previously with
I can only assume that’s what was causing the problem, as when everything restarted and I checked the jail
I copied across the client config to my
The acid test is how things work outside though! I could only test this by tethering to my iPhone 4G service and all looks look. The main test will be when I’m next away from home and need to connect back though…